I’ve moved the blog.
The last couple of years have been pretty fraught, and in view of that I’ve decided to close this blog and move to a newer and happier place. One day, hopefully, it will be prettier, too. I’m having trouble with the header and side bar, but my ability to natter on about not much hasn’t changed.
I would like to thank those of you who have stuck buy me, and commented, or not commented, or just read and rolled your eyes (or not).
My new blog is at http://www.katequilts.com.
I hope to see you there. 😀
Today is Australia Day.
The day we celebrate all that is good about the country we live in, and hopefully take time to acknowledge the things that we need to work on.
Mostly, we have cause for celebration.
I have always had the feeling I won the lottery when I was born Australian.
We’re not perfect, but we’re still the Lucky Country.
I promised I’d be back in January with a few changes.
- I’ve bought a domain name (actually two).
- I’ve paid for hosting.
- I’ve bought a new look for my blog.
- I’ve dyed a little bit of fabric I hope will be liked enough to sell.
- I’ve set up a store to link to my blog.
- Even though I’ve followed the “set-up wizard” I can’t seem to access my new blog.
- Because I can’t access the blog, I can’t upload my new look.
- Sydney has turned on one of the wettest summers for a long time and I can’t photograph my pretty fabric.
- So there is nothing in my store, which I can’t link to the blog I can’t access.
So, today is the day I get to spend on live chat with the nice (I hope) people who provide technical help.
This is Sydney. It doesn’t rain. It pours!
That’s what I’ve been up to and it has to stop.
2011 has been the year that bit me on the bum. I can’t wait for it to finish.
There has been lots happen in the last twelve months and some of it – well pretty much all of it – has got me down.
I would love to show you lots of beautifully finished quilts, but really I’ve been only sporadically sewing bee blocks.
I usually love this time of year, all the silly little things I do:
- changing to a Christmas theme on my blog
- putting snowmen pics on my blog for Pam
- loading silly youtube clips on my countdown to Fairy Tale of New York on Christmas Eve
- decorating my house
- baking and shopping and having silly fun with my family.
Last year I didn’t have time for all that. This year it’s our first Christmas without our beloved Poppy and I’m too sad.
So, enough wallowing.
I give you the (rather fancy) line I’m drawing under 2011.
I’m not going to blog again until January, and I have changes planned. There will be my new Etsy shop and the completion of a new look for the blog. In the meantime, you can keep up to date with my witterings on my Kate quilts… facebook page or follow me on Twitter (@Kate_Quilts).
If you’ve managed to get this far, thanks for reading.
Merry Christmas, everyone.